Thursday, September 13, 2007

Burlesque Style



You know how I said I was going to keep burlesque style in mind when getting dressed today? Well, I did! It was fun! I feel totally fabulous right now.

  • T-shirt (Nubby Twiglet) - Seemed like the obvious choice...
  • Leopard print mini skirt (swap) - Reminded me of Betty Page's famous leopard print bikini
  • Pointelle tights (Urban Outfitters) - Fishnet-esque without actually being fishnets
  • Shoes - You gotta wear heels for a burlesque inspired look (Duh!)
  • Earrings (Walmart) - The girl on them looked kinda burlesque-y to me
  • Bag (Little Pink Dress) - Ladylike and classic
  • Red lips
  • Red nails
  • Pomp-y hair style - Reference to 40's hair styles

That's all, folks. Here's the article that inspired me. And also, here's Gala's article on the same subject, which is something you should definitely read if you plan to go burlesque style-wise. I recommend it - tres fun! And fabulously glamorous, of course.

Now excuse me. I have some vamping to do.

No comments: